Mission and Services
The High-Performance Computing Center (HPCC) provides state-of-the-art research computing infrastructure and training accessible to all UCR researchers and affiliates at low cost. This includes access to the shared HPC resources and services summarized below. The main advantage of a shared research computing environment is access to a much larger HPC infrastructure (with thousands of CPUs/GPUs and many PBs of directly attached storage) than what smaller clusters of individual research groups could afford, while also providing a long-term sustainability plan and professional systems administrative support.
HPCC Operation During COVID-19 Crisis
Since the research computing infrastructure of the HPCC is designed to be accessed remotely, we are currently not expecting any major downtimes or restrictions for users due to the campus access restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, even this may change depending on the extent of the restrictions our university may have to implement. A few exceptions that are currently in effect for the HPCC facility are the following:
- Our offices in 1208/1207 Genomics Building are closed. The HPCC staff will continue to work as usual but exclusively via remote access from home.
- All in person contacts such as office visits or in-person training events are not possible during the current COVID-19 crisis. Alternatively, we will be offering remote training sessions via video conferencing using Zoom.
If users need to get in contact with us then please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate help, users can also post questions on Slack (ucr-hpcc.slack.com). For latest news and updates, please also visit us on Twitter. With some delay, updates will also be posted on this website’s News and Alerts pages.
- Multipurpose cluster optimized for parallel, non-parallel and big data computing
- Petabyte storage system for high-availability data directly attached to computing infrastructure
Supported access models
- Annual subscription fee for user accounts and CPU access (no extra charge for CPU usage)
- Rental options for data storage
- Ownership options for both computer nodes and data storage
- For details see Hardware
- Access to >1000 software tools, packages and community databases
- Custom software installs by emailing ticket system @ email@example.com
- For details see Software
Cloud and national HPC facilities
HPCC AWS Cloud