Getting started using HPCC and Amazon Web Service (AWS) to quickly create an on-demand cluster private to you.
HPCC AWS Cluster benefits.
- Build a private cluster in 10 min.
- Any number of nodes, auto scaling (up and down), limit 20 to start
- Any type of compute nodes
- High memory
- High CPU single/multi node
- Choose HPCC default configuration
- For only as long as you need it - delete when done
- Familiar interface and job scheduler
- Easy ability to have the software you need installed by HPCC, if it’s not there already
- Build as many of these clusters as you need (even at the same time)
- Pay for only the time you use it - per/min billing
How to get started
The manual menu on the left will walk you through the process while the simple steps are outlined below.
- Create a Master AWS Account (if you do not have one yet) and one or more AWS IAM account(s).
- Associate your AWS Master account with Amazon as a UCR educational member to take advantage of a data egress waiver.
- Set up your HPCC account to access and use your HPCC AWS Cluster.
- Create your cluster and begin computing