- Viet Pham joins HPCC as HPC systems administrator. - Welcome Viet!
- Melody Asghari joins HPCC as HPC systems administrator assistant. - Welcome Melody!
- For updates on HPCC’s operation during the COVID-19 crisis please visit the Alerts page of this site.
- Travis Nasser joins HPCC as HPC systems administrator assistant. - Welcome Travis!
- Major updates applied. - Check here for important changes.
- Charles Forsyth left the position of HPC systems administrator and has moved on to new opportunities. - Good luck Chuck!
- Abraham Park joins HPCC as HPC systems administrator assistant. - Welcome Abe!
- Charles Forsyth joins HPCC as new full-time HPC systems administrator. - Welcome Chuck!
With funding provided by Michael Pazzani’s office (RED) we were able to purchase and install major hardware upgrades. This included the following hardware resources:
- Added 28 Intel nodes with a total of 896 CPU cores (or 1,792 logical CPU cores) and 512 GB of RAM per node
- Added 8 NVIDIA K80 GPUs increasing total number of cuda cores in GPU queue to 59,904
- Redesign of Infiniband network to support new computer nodes and enhance future scalabilty of IB network to over 1000 nodes
- UCR approval of plans to form HPC Center
- Expansion of GPFS storage system: 2 disk enclosures for 120 8TB drives
- Expansion of high-memory queue: 4 nodes
- Install of new Intel batch queue: 12 nodes
- Expansion of batch queues: 14 nodes
- Deployment of new FDR IB network @ 56Gbs
- Deployment of 28 AMD nodes (2,048 AMD cores), funded by NSF-MRI-2014
- Deployment of high-memory Intel nodes (each with 1TB RAM)
- Deployment of GPU nodes (NVIDIA K80)
- Deployment of big data GPFS disk storage system, funded by NIH-S10-2014
Award of equipment grants from NSF and NIH
- NIH-S10-2014 (1S10OD016290-01A1): $652,816
- NSF-MRI-2014 (MRI-1429826): $783,537